Bainbridge Island 4-H Open House
Monday, October 16th from 6:30 - 7:30
Please join us on October 16th from 6:30 – 7:30 at Yeomalt Cabin (900 Park Avenue NE, Bainbridge Island) to learn about 4-H, enroll in projects online, and talk with project leaders.
All of our members in Bainbridge Island 4-H join for a monthly general meeting, led by our leadership project. In addition, independent of the general meetings, individual projects meet with their members on a regular basis.
Our club is pleased to offer the following projects:
- Cooking (Foods and Nutrition): Cooking activities are selected over the course of the year based on interest. In the past, we have made cinnamon rolls, pizza, spaghetti, cakes, pies, steak, cookies, creme brulee, and homemade pasta.
- Family Living: A nice introductory project to 4-H for younger members. It includes a little sewing, a little cooking, crafts, and "playing with small children" instruction and practice.
- Sewing: Members will develop hand and machine sewing skills. Beginners will practice straight seams and simple projects like a pin cushion or pillow case, then choose projects that interest them. Continuing members may pick their projects.
- Dogs: Members learn basic training commands, learn about dog diseases, play games and take in different dog facts and breeds. We are pleased to work with Mary Lou Vibrans as our dog trainer. Members have also enjoyed baking dog treats, participating with Kitsap Search and Rescue, and visiting with a local veterinarian.
- Poultry and Gardening: Topics may include: Disease prevention and treatment, Cuttings and chick care, Identification, making planters and simple feeder. Usually one field trip each year (i.e. Islandwood). Gardening projects last year included planting seedlings at Hannah’s Garden.
- Photography: Members meet monthly to learn about equipment, lighting, composition and skill building. Meetings will be held indoors and on location. We are pleased to work with local photographer Dawn Bockus.
- Leadership: 4-H members from grades 7-12 are welcome. Members learn about leadership skills and help plan and lead our Bainbridge Island 4H general meetings. We’ve learned about Robert’s Rules of Order, mediation, public speaking, communication, and leadership styles in the past.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may enroll at the open house or online at: 4H enrollment login (https://wa.4honline.com/Login.aspx)