Monday, January 28, 2019
Our Bainbridge Island 4-H community service events are planned for the year and we're looking forward to giving back to our community!!
The first event is on Friday, February 8, 2019 from 3:45 - 4:45 pm (after school). We will be making Valentine's Day cards with our friends at Wyatt House. Each special handmade Valentine is finished with a U.S. postal stamp ready for mailing to family and friends.
The second event is Sunday, April 14, 2019 from 2:00 - 4:00 pm. We will meet at Montessori Country School to make dog toys for PAWS and to write special letters to orphans in Nepal and Kenya.
We look forward to seeing you at these events.
Monday, January 14, 2019
The Kitsap County 4-H Academy is January 26, 2019! This fun filled workshop is held once per year. 4-H members can learn to crochet, sew a doll's sleeping bag, learn about animal law, learn about vet science, learn Scratch (MIT) and coding, make a leather bracelet and try out crayolligraphy. You can also learn about public presentations, record books, and communication skills. Be sure to check out the link below for additional classes and details.
Check-in is at 9:30am and classes end at 2:00pm at Silver Ridge Elementary School.
All 4-H youth of all ages, volunteers, parents and leaders are all invited to attend!
Registration is open now! Class sizes are limited so don't delay in signing up for the class that you want.
This event is $5 per person with a $2 pizza lunch option. Please sign up online and pay at the door. Registration closes on January 24th.
For details on this event and to sign up for classes, please click here:
Saturday, January 12, 2019
Come on down to Paws and Fins on Hildebrand Lane this Sunday, January 13th from 11:00 - 3:30 and Sunday, January 20th from 11:00 - 5:00 to support our dog project! In honor of Martin Luther King, Jr., our 4-H members will be collecting pet food for Bainbridge Island's Helpline House.
You can also bring your pet food donations to the 4-H General Meeting on Monday night.
Thank you dog project members, for your contribution to the community!!
Tuesday, January 8, 2019
Monday, January 14, 2019 at 6:30 pm is our General Meeting...chock full of fun activities!
Please note: We're meeting at the Yeomalt Classroom (next to the Yeomalt Cabin).
- Join us for a friendly team competition of Trivia. It's been fun in the past and we're looking forward to another great game.
- We're also excited to announce a book exchange. Please bring a book that you would recommend someone else read (or a few if you would like) and leave with a book. With the rainy and cold Bainbridge Island winter weather, it's a perfect time to enjoy a new (to you) book! Feel free to bring fiction or non-fiction.
- Need a Bainbridge Island 4-H t-shirt? Have you outgrown your 4-H t-shirt? We'll be ordering shirts on Monday night but we're also having a t-shirt swap. Please bring in your too-small shirts to pass along. Please also bring your checkbook (new 4-H members will be provided a new t-shirt at no cost).
Tuesday, January 1, 2019
As we reflect on our accomplishments since October, it's great to see the many projects that our members have been working on.
- In Cooking, our members baked delicious pecan pies (including gluten-free) for the annual holiday party. Thank you for the delicious treat!
- Our Poultry and Garden group has been very busy. They've recently toured a turkey farm and even watched a necropsy. They did a craft with tillandsia and learned about the care.
- Our Photography project recently visited the gardens at Bloedel Reserve, capturing some terrific pictures!
- Our Dog Project has also busy with lots of training and learning new commands at Yeomalt Cabin!
- Our Leadership project has been learning parliamentary procedures, ice breakers and planning the General Meetings.
We look forward to seeing everyone at our January General Meeting: January 14, 2019 at 6:30pm at Yeomalt Cabin.
Happy New Year!